No. 12 On The Map:

Kenney Garden


The Kenney Garden is located adjacent to the Nitze Garden – along Pilgrim Road below Sayre House. The garden honors Elinor C. Kenney and was dedicated in 1995.

The garden is a dry woodland planting including a summer-blooming clethra Barbinervis, hellebores and Ambrosia azaleas. A teak bench faces a grassy area in front of Pilgrim Road.

Walking back to the Pilgrims Steps, and climbing the stairs to South Road, head east toward Beauvoir Road. In front of the National Cathedral School athletic center entrance (and across road from a large dogwood tree) is the Pollinator Garden.


Help Us Keep The Gardens Growing

Partner with us to ensure that the 57 acres of gardens and grounds surrounding Washington National Cathedral continue to be a haven of peace and refreshment in the midst of the Nation’s Capital.

WHO WE ARE

All Hallows Guild was founded in 1916 to provide for the care and beautification of the grounds of Washington National Cathedral. The Guild works closely with the horticultural staff to preserve this historic landscape and raises funds for renovation and renewal of the gardens.

CONTACT US

  • (202) 537-2937
  • ahg@allhallowsguild.org
  • 3101 Wisconsin Ave NW
    Washington, DC 20016

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

You’ll see what’s new in the gardens and learn about our upcoming events by subscribing to our monthly email newsletter.

Scroll to Top